room inspiration

I'm working on my craft space this weekend. We have a basement now so it'll be in the basement. That means I have to make it super inspiring, so that I'll want to venture into the basement to craft.

I'm a little overwhelmed by this task and with needing to decorate our new place overall. We've put some paint on the walls in the main level and that's a start, but we need to hang art. Which means I need to make some art because we don't have the budget to start art collecting.

My mom is a great decorator. Actually both of my parents are great at decorating, so I'm trying to take a little inspiration from their house. Here's some photos (that she doesn't know I took ;) ) of her sweet little sewing space, which is tucked into a guest room. The room is seriously cuter than the average bed and breakfast room. She could go into business decorating bed and breakfasts, if there was a demand for that kind of thing.



 





I think her secret is a good sense of color and an eclectic but well organized collection of vintage, handcrafted items, repurposed furniture, and mementos. The Ragedy Ann doll was mine. The dresser she thrifted and painted. The shells on the shelf have been around for may years and used to be in a bathroom. She stenciled the hat boxes on the bottom shelf and added little painted animals. She made the mosaic mirror herself! I'll say that again, she made that mosaic mirror herself from broken vintage plates and tea cups. There are a lot of cute little details when you look closely, like a little memento from my mom's nursing days. My dad's name is Matt too. Weird, huh?


There are a lot of cute little details when you look closely, like a little memento from my mom's nursing days. My dad's name is Matt too. Weird, huh?

I didn't show the painted wrought iron bed and the handmade quilt on the bed. It's a lot of talent and care for one room.

You want to stay here for a night now, don't you? Yeah, I thought so.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Good luck with your tabletop! Can't wait to see the craft space. :)