20 Questions

I saw this 20 questions post on A Beautiful Mess, via Freckled Nest and I decided I was up for a little 20 questions.

Here we go.

1. Show us the inside of something cute.
Nectarine hand pie I made with some left over pie crust dough.

nectarine hand pie

2. What's the last homecooking you had? Matt's mac n cheese, followed by some apple pie a couple hours later.

apple pie

3. What do you miss? (alive) Food from Kalamazoo. I've been gone for 7 years and when I'm extra hungry, half the time I'm thinking about food from Kalamazoo. Gorgonzola hamburger at Duffy's Pub, calzones at Martini's, tacos or burritos at Big Burrito...

...beer battered fries at Old Peninsula, wings at BW-3, beer at Bell's, of course.

Wow. I didn't eat well at all in college. But college is for good times, not diets.

Am I making you hungry?

Moving on then...

4. What makes you laugh often? See the post below of the dude with the boom box.

5. What's your favorite word? Indubitably. Just popped into my head.

6. What are you trying to quit? Sleeping in. It's probably a lost cause.

7. What's your favorite commercial right now?


8. Whose style do you dig? Retro hikers' style. heehee.



















9. Link to a great blog you've found lately. I thought this was the coolest on CandiMandi. She made the Can't Buy Me Love piece!


10. What's the last craft you made? Triplet Triplet Triplet onesies for Matt ex-coworker. Two daughters and a son. I couldn't resist. They are both percussionists, and that's the snare drum rhythm Matt first taught me to play. I'm not half bad.

Matt and I actually both worked on these. Matt cut the stencils out of freezer paper, and I did the ironing and painting.

triplet triplet triplet onsies

11. A photo of the last happy mail you got. Sorry, no photo. But I got some good books from my mother-in-law for my birthday. :)

12. Something you've got lately? From Off the Beaten Path. Total impulse buy, but I love it and the price was good. The N is for Nesting got to me.


13. What are you looking forward to? Going home in a few weeks for a wedding, and spending more time with friends and family. And my dad coming in late October. We're going to go hiking in New Hampshire for a day.

14. Post a recent snapshot of yourself. See post below. That's the recentest.

15. Recent Favorite Movie? I got nothing. I've watched very few movies lately. Synecdoche, New York bummed me out. Interesting in concept, but utterly depressing.

16. Something you're working on right now? My dissertation. And my sanity! ;)

17. If a movie were made about you, who would play you?

She's way too skinny though. I thought about Claire Danes, but she's too tall. I guess you can't expect actresses to look like real people.

18. What gives you goosebumps? Unconditional love.

19. Share a new obsession. We've only played a handful of times but I have Beatles music in my head all the time. We should have gotten two microphones, because the singing is the most fun.




20. What's the meaning of your life? Enjoy friends & family, do my best, work hard, have some fun, and...



























Phew. That took awhile.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Jen Lindley! ;)

Elizabeth Downie said...

That was fun to read. I love the onesies for the triplets! What a cute idea!