Pixie Hat for the Girl

I've been knitting a lot this month, after a long hiatus. I've been traveling a lot, and it seems that knitting on a plane or in a car is the best place for me to make some good progress. I also recently joined a new knitting group and I got a great suggestion from the organizer to try out this pattern for the Vintage Pixie Hat in the book Vintage Knits for Modern Babies. It's an awesome pattern and I can see myself knitting this one again and again.

A little one in my life got it for her birthday. She wore it for about 10 seconds and then threw it on the floor. But no matter, giving hand knits is really fun and the 10 seconds of cuteness made the hours knitting totally worth it.




If you're looking for handmade gift idea for the holidays, this is a great option. It's a good pattern for beginners and a quick knit for experienced knitters. You'll have to buy the book but it's a good one, filled with other great patterns so you can keep on giving. I followed suggestions for a couple modifications, which you can find here.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

A knitting group? Fill me in! :)

Super cute!

Elizabeth Downie said...

Oh my gosh, melt my heart! I wish I knew how to knit. That hat is so cute and I'd love to be able to make some for my nieces.