December '09: 4 of 31

night out

Friday I did not have a chance to post because the afternoon and evening were quite busy. I'm having a hard time choosing just one photo now, so I am enjoying putting these small photo stories together for each day. It's interesting how events and colors tie together throughout a day.

Here are a few shots I snuck in Friday evening. Leaving Matt's work holiday party in the downtown hotel. His hand on the shifter as we drove from Boston up to Cambridge, on our way to my friend's house for another holiday party. And then the galaxy lights as we passed through Harvard Square.

During the ride, I was delirious from too much dessert. My favorite conversation of the night went something like this:

Me: This is homemade marshmallow (said after I tasted a s'mores bite that was covered in chocolate and dusted in graham cracker).

Matt: You can make homemade marshmallow?

Me: Oh yeah. I haven't done it yet but I'm sure I will some day.

Matt: I'm sure you will. Our kids will never have a Stay Puff.

At the second party of the night, my friend insisted I taste her homemade peppermint sorbet before we left. Thursday night marked the beginning of the holiday spirit, and then very quickly, Friday marked the beginning of the holiday overindulging.

No comments: